"If you take care of your FinesseBridles®, they will last a lifetime."
Tips & Guidance for maintaining and cleaning your bridle:
- Always apply leather grease to your new bridle before using it for the first time.
- Never wash with saddle soap or wet wipes.
- Use a damp cloth with water or leather cleaner to remove dark sweat marks.
- Use leather balm or oil once a week. If your horse sweats a lot, use it twice a week. Do not use large amounts of leather grease – just enough to lightly wipe over your bridle.
- If you use too much leather grease or oil, the stitching can become worn with time and damaged. This is true of all tanned leather.
- Store the bridle in a dry temperate tack room. If this is not possible, make sure not to hang your FinesseBridles® directly above a damp surface.
- If you have been riding in strong sunlight or rain, always treat with oil afterwards.